[geeks] Cool Software

Simeon Johnston simeonuj at indivisuallearning.com
Fri Sep 27 14:58:06 CDT 2002

> 	I have this Pentium 120 laptop here I rescued from
> being destroyed. I added a larger HD and maxed the memory (80
> MBs Woo Hoo!) and I loaded Linux on it. Got the network
> working and the scsi CD-rom.

80MB?  Umm... I got a 486DX4/100 and I've got 800MB and a 500MB.
Though I suppose.  If they can fit a fairly nice distro on a floppy why
not 80MB....

> 	There is no good place to go find freeware for
> solaris/linux that I know of. I tried download.com and
> sourceforge but download is kind of sparse and sourceforge is
> hard to sort through. So if you have any good sites to
> recommend for browsing for software cough them up also.

http://www.tucows.com/
Or, more specifically.
http://linux.tucows.com/

I like Tucows a lot better than download.com.  They have you choose a
local server when you download something (I think of that as a feature
after I try getting crap from freaking fileplanet).