[geeks] What to do with a stack of IPX and LX boxes (was RE: [geeks] Where is everyone.)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Sep 26 19:38:19 CDT 2002

On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 08:27 PM, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
>>   The SS2 would likely be a *lot* more reliable, and it certainly
>> pulls a fraction of the power of the PPro box.
>
> No, but I plan on replacing the PPro with an AXi.  I didn't have a
> 50pin drive big enough. I had ran out of space on the little <1GB
> disk, so I used a 4.5GB 68pin in the PPro.

   Ahh, cool.

> Do you realize we have one of the lowest prices for electricity in
> North America? We sell most of what we produce to you guys (in the
> US). And I pay $6.5/sq ft / year in rent for my business, so space
> isn't an issue either.

   Cool, thanks for the zoobs. :)

   How much do you pay for power?  Here in FL, it's about $0.08/KWH,
about the same as the DC area.  In NJ eleven years ago, I was paying
$0.13/KWH.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Dammit, now I wants me some
St. Petersburg, FL             livers 'n gizzards."    -Bill Bradford