[geeks] Where is everyone.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Sep 26 18:40:44 CDT 2002

On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 06:04 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>    I'm still working on this damned webcast gig.  STILL.  As if I
>> didn't have enough work to do.  I've spent something like three
>> weeks on this project.
>
> Details?
>
> Just curious...

   The Earth Charter Summits 2002.  See
http://www.earthchartersummits.org.  Kinda earthy-crunchy
save-the-whales type gig, but actually rather cool.  My boss' wife is
pretty big in that organization, and I [eh] volunteered to handle tech
ops for the webcast of the big summit deal on Saturday.  Some 20 cities
will be streaming speeches and such.  Last year's wingding was done via
satellite with mobile uplink trucks (which cost a fucking fortune),
this year it's being done online.  By me.  And I don't know the first
thing about streaming media.

   At least, I didn't until three weeks ago.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Dammit, now I wants me some
St. Petersburg, FL             livers 'n gizzards."    -Bill Bradford