[geeks] Backup hardware

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu Sep 26 14:05:01 CDT 2002

	So the backup tape autoloader at work here has shuffled off this
mortal coil. I have been charged with getting a new solution, or at least
pricing one so I can be told it is not in the budget (bitter? Me?)

	We need a tape backup that can go at least 200 GB a run so I can get
the whole domain backed up. Do any of you have a suggestion for a reasonably
priced backup solution(Drive, Autoloader, team of underwear gnomes) that I
should look at? If it can still use our legacy DDS-3 tapes that would be
great but not required.

	Also any pointers for what media I should be looking at?
DLT,DDS-3,DDS-4, etc.....

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org