[geeks] achoo

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Sep 26 12:13:05 CDT 2002

[ On Thursday, September 26, 2002 at 10:08:00 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] achoo
>
> And so the sneezing has begun again.

Up here in Toronto, for me at least, I thought it had stopped, but this
morning I was a bit stuffy again (we've had rain and cool nights so
pollen production was probably down).  I'm probably good though until
tonight without taking anything.

I've found a cheap over-the-counter antihistamine that I need only take
twice or maybe three times a day at most (in the 25mg dose) and for me
it doesn't have any really bad side effects (chloropheneramine, which is
also available really cheaply over-the-counter makes my nose bleed, even
in the 4mg dose, and it makes me drowsy).  It's called diphenhydramine
hydrochloride.  Up here it's the active ingredient in the "Life Brand"
no-name product at Shoppers Drug Mart, but it's also available as
"Allernix" from Technilab, Inc., and probably many others.

$10 or $15 buys 100 25mg Allernix tablets, and $8 buys 24 "Life Brand",
so it's one hell of a lot cheaper than any of the other name brand ones
I can't take anyway!  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>