[geeks] Something fun

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Sep 25 12:22:59 CDT 2002

	Earlier today I was brining down a sparc 5 system for it's last time
doing it's appointed task (mail and internet filtering). As I was doing the
shutdown command I remembered that I could post a message while doing it.
Now no one but me would see it but I felt this old work horse should have a
chance to get one last word in as it was taken out behind the barn and shot
(figuratively). Since it was being decommissioned in favor of a younger
faster and larger windows 2000 server the message was "Curse you Bill Gates!
>From the depths of Silicon hell I strike at thee!"

	Anyone else got any funny or appropriate final shutdown messages to
add?

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org