[geeks] Postfix Multiline Matches

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Sep 15 13:16:03 CDT 2002

I know many Postfix advocates lurk here, so I thought I'd ask here,
since TFM doesn't seems to be very enlightening.

A recent spammer tactic seems to be sending HTML email that has been
base64-encoded.  Now, as much as I'd just -love- to drop "Content-Type:
*text\/html" into body_checks, I'm the mailing list archiver for a
mailing list at Baker College, and most of those fsckwits haven't
figured out that HTML is for web pages.

So, I'd like to block base64-encoded HTML messages.  This presents a
problem, as the MIME spec says that Content-Type: and

Is is possible to write a regex rule for body_checks or header_checks
that spans multiple lines?

--
Jonathan Patschke
   > Can you SysAdmins tell me what might go on in a typical day?
   Hours of endless frustration punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
                                 --Saul Tannenbaum (in the Monastery)