Radio Shack - Was:[geeks] Octane light bar

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Sep 11 09:03:35 CDT 2002

> > that best buy sells sucks or not.  Besides, i lost 90% of
> my respect for
> > that store when they (apparantly) changed their policy to
> have the sales
> > people come up to you constantly and ask if they can help.
> It used to
> > be that they wouldn't bug you unless you asked for help.
>
> 	Glad to see I'm not the only person in the world who
> hates this. I
> don't go to Blockbuster any more because they say "Hi" to you when you
> walk in. I don't go to Best Buy because I'm bugged every five
> minutes by
> somebody wanting to "help" me. Bahh... my attitude towards corporate
> entities is just getting worse.... I think the part that bugs
> me is they
> do it becuase they have too... and they always sound so
> insincere... if
> they actually cared... then I wouldn't be so anal about it.
>
> Rick

Heh come to virginia, you can't ge them to even start to approach you here.
I am not sure if they are on comission or what, but unless you are looking
at something big they won't even start to talk to you. I have litterally
stood at the credit counter for 45 minutes one day. After a bit it became an
exercise of seeing how long it takes for someone to notice me.
	sometimes I miss my punk rock days. When I would go out in public
with a leather jacket (with spikes naturally) Combat boots, combat pants
(urban) ,offensive T-shirt , and a  mohawk. Being 6'1" and farily thick in
stature this get-up screamed dangerous thug. The best part was shopping. I
was never, ever, bothered by store staff. But yuo bet that if I turned
around I could find one real quick. They always seemed to have bussiness
nearby. Generally if I picked soemthing up they were quickly their with a "
Can I help you with that?". It was like having my own personal staff to
cater to my every whim.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org