[geeks] Clariion/DG/EMC/Dell FC-AL array configuration

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Sep 10 20:14:29 CDT 2002

   Yo.

   I'm trying to help someone bring up a Dell PowerVault 650F (I think
it's a 650F) FC-AL RAID array.  It's got Clariion, DG, and EMC
copyright notices all over it, which I found amusing.

   Anyway, we need to reconfigure the array, and we can't make heads or
tails of the stupid, overcomplicated pile of utilities floating around
for it.  The idea is to configure it with a Winblows box (because
that's what the configuration software runs on) then move it to a real
computer for use.  Alternatively, if we can configure it with a nice
foolproof ASCII terminal connected to the SP board's console port,
that'd be even better.  The console port, however, spews lots of
copyright messages upon powerup, then appears to wait for some protocol
to start up there, as compared to the older Clariion boxes that have a
very nice full-screen ASCII/ANSI user interface.

   Can anyone help me out here?  This is a big project ($$$ for my
friend); we really need some help.

           Thanks,
           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I'm willing to sacrifice my ass for the sake
St. Petersburg, FL                    of good food."    -Kurt Huhn