[geeks] Octane light bar

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Tue Sep 10 00:00:37 CDT 2002

At 07:48 PM 9/9/02 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 05:12:56PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
>
> > So now they are going to try to compete with the big box electronics
> > stores and most likely die a slow painful death.
>
>Down here, if you know the part number, you can walk into the store,
>order the resistor, pay the person, and in a few days it shows up.

Rat shack here in the seattle area doesn't even stock heat sink compound
anymore :(:(:(  I had to go to supertronix, a local overpriced place to
find some plain white heatsink compound, I was putting it on a couple old
pentium pro chips and didn't need the latest and expensive silver compound
(at $10 for 2grams )