[geeks] Octane light bar

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Mon Sep 9 17:12:56 CDT 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:

>Shawn,
>
>I replied at work and found out later that Mozilla has been dropping all my emails into the bitbucket all afternoon.
>
>Anyway, the light bar has incandescent bulbs on it that tend to burn out after a relatively short life.  Here'e what I did to fix it:
>http://www.k-huhn.com/octane_mod
>
>Feel free to ask me any questions...

So I went to Rat Shack today at lunch. They had 5-6v blue LED's, but I
wanted to be sure that it 'lived' for a while, so I still wanted to get
a resistor. I couldn't believe it when they didn't have ANY. I asked the
clerk and he said they were getting rid of the entire 'electronics'
section. That really sucks.

So now they are going to try to compete with the big box electronics
stores and most likely die a slow painful death.

shawn