[geeks] Objective C and the NS libraries

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Sep 4 15:57:37 CDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 04:10:24PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 09:05:53PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > I wrote Hello World a couple of days ago.  Hit a button labelled "strike
> > me big boy" and it leaves droppings in the console log.
> Yes, but if that is what you intended to do, then what is the problem?

It is exactly what I wanted it to do.  Figuring out the right incantations
in Interface Builder was just plain nasty.  I found the documentation to
be ... somewhat lacking.  In the end, I used the tutorial from the
camelbones project, even though I wasn't using their framework.  I'm going
to play with that now.

> Sorry.  It is hard to tell the intent of buttons labelled strike me big
> boy, unless the person is working on a fighting robot named big boy.

Oh so sue me for having a shitty interface on my Hello World app :-)

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

May your blessings always outweigh your blotches!
    -- Dianne van Dulken,
       in alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove