[geeks] Debian GNU/NetBSD: Veerryy Interesting

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Oct 31 14:36:14 CST 2002

[ On Thursday, October 31, 2002 at 14:21:58 (-0500), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] Debian GNU/NetBSD:  Veerryy Interesting
>
> http://www.debian.org/ports/netbsd/
>
> I kinda like the looks of it.  I have a 486 notebook I've been wanting
> to put NetBSD on, so I think I just might try this varient.

Holy shit.

After just reading some of the stuff at the "M$ bashing pleasure" link I
was sure this had to be a joke......

I wanted to try this kind of thing a long time ago, but beyond trying a
NetBSD kernel on a FreeBSD userland once (and it sorta almost worked, at
least in single-user mode with static-linked stuff because of NetBSD
emulation for FreeBSD syscalls! :-), I never found the time or incentive!

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>