[geeks] LIST POLICY CHANGES

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Oct 31 10:49:00 CST 2002

Just FYI; if you're subscribed to one of the SunHELP lists, or any list that I
host, and I get more than 3-4 bounces from your mail server for whatever
reason, I'll unsubscribe you if the list software hasnt done it already
automatically.

Just this morning, I found six people whose mail servers were STILL using
orbz.org, which now blacklists EVERYTHING (because its been seven months
since it was "turned off", and some people still havent updated their
mail configurations).  They were unsubscribed, because their mail servers
were boucing their list subscriptions as "blacklisted".

Mis-configured or "unable to deliver" Exchange servers are another
thorn in my side; if I get more than a few bounces due to that, you'll
be unsubscribed and will have to resubscribe once your mail admins
get things fixed.

Bill

--
bill bradford