[geeks] Linux 2.5

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Oct 30 15:08:41 CST 2002

It appears from reports that ISAPNP support is much saner and no longer
requires futzing with userspace config programs (which I never manage to
figure out how to make work, and thus ended up just running redhat
supplied kernels for a few years until I could make machines with no ISA
cards in them).

It also seems that you shouldn't use this kernel at all if you have a
nvidia card with the nvidia supplied driver :(

And, it also appears that things like devfs will be required.  I've been
meaning to enable it anyway, along with ext3fs.  Has anyone here played
with devfs?  It looks much saner than the current /dev system most unixs
employ.

--
Joshua D. Boyd