[geeks] fti to svg conversion

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Oct 29 21:05:32 CST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 09:36:42PM -0500, Caleb Shay wrote:
> Well, I finally understood what fltk was doing with the colors and
> managed to hunt down the fltk color map.  It's almost right now.  I seem
> to be able to draw every shape thrown at me correctly, and the colors
> are MOSTLY right, though a few are still wrong, so either there is a bug
> in my code or SGI deviated from the FLTK palette somewhere or maybe the
> palette has changed over time.  Updated screenshot of the work in
> progress at http://www.webninja.com/fti2svg.png (1600x1200, 363K, be
> afraid).  I've even improved on the originals by giving all dropshadows
> a 50% alpha :)

So the icons are color mapped rather than 24bit?  Should be easy enough
to tweak the color map then.  I never used anything other than winterm
and whatever code I was writing on Irix, with the one except of a
program from Visible Productions that I can't remeber the name of.  I
never even used emacs on irix.  The irix machine I used to sit out
didn't have emacs installed, so I ran it on a solaris machine, piped the
display back to Irix and used AngeFTP to edit my irix files.

--
Joshua D. Boyd