[geeks] Ping...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 29 08:17:17 CST 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>

>>I don't doubt it.  I just wish it would hit some of the nastier beasties
>>higher up the I/T food chain.  But then you can afford to be out of work
>>with a multi-million severance package.
>>

> Not likely - those beasties are the reason *we* have job stability
> problems...

Still it would be a nice pipe-dream to see them get a taste of living
hand-to-mouth like some of us.  I think that if they have a salary over
60k someone should divert their excess wealth directly to needy people
without the intervention of existing agencies.  I'm not advocating
communism or anything but to me they are as disgusting as atheletic or
popular movie star salaries.  And most of them climbed up the backs of
people like us.

Time to rustle up a Geeks union...hmm...does that resolve?  Nope.
Somebody, (I don't have the cash), should buy all the Geekunion domains
and set something up.  It's about high time our (large) part of the
professional poulation was recognized as something other than wage-slaves.

[/rant] Sorry! :-/

Mike Hebel