[geeks] Ping...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 29 00:44:55 CST 2002

Chris Hedemark wrote:
> When my unemployment got serious, the first thing that "they" came to
> collect was my trash can!!!!
>
> Luckily I've avoided having other things collected so far.

Thankfully I paid off my Credit Union loan early.  They might allow me
to renew the loan and turn my high-interest credit card debt into a
low-interest large-payment loan.  Hopefully anyway.  Regardless I still
have to handle the situation even if I need to take another *groan*
retail position.

> I seriously think someone as legendary as the Woz himself could find
> himself laid off in this economy.  No one is safe.

I don't doubt it.  I just wish it would hit some of the nastier beasties
higher up the I/T food chain.  But then you can afford to be out of work
with a multi-million severance package.

Mike Hebel