[geeks] Ping...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 28 23:51:57 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:21:49PM -0500, Chris Hedemark wrote:
>
>>I'll say.  For awhile there I was worried that the silence was related
>>to Mr. Bill's recent change of employment status, but I didn't want to
>>clog up the inbound queue with a test if other people were trying the
>>same thing.
>

> Nope - dont have to worry about the lists going away.  I'm still employed
> for another month then I have at least a month of severance after that.

I figure as long as you can keep lights on in your house and some sort
of broadband the lists will stay up.

"Who needs garbage pickup!  We'll just drop it off at the local K-Mart
dumpster!" ;-)

Seriously - it sucks greatly seeing you out of work.  You're like the
last I/T professional I would have expected it would happen to.  If I
had enough money I'd start the Kuro5hin.org donation thing to help you
do Sunhelp.org full-time.  Any big money people on the list want to back
Bill for a year?  Anybody!  *crickets chirping* C'mon there's gotta be a
dot-bomb millionaire on the list somewhere.  *more crickets*  Hmm...the
dot-bomb-grue must have eaten them all.

Well, I tried at least Bill. ;-)

Mike Hebel
(Hoping for a better future for all of us!)