[geeks] storageworks

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 28 16:30:21 CST 2002

On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 05:18 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:
> Those flexistrip (may actually be a specific vendor's cables,
> but everyone I know calls them all flexistrip) cables are very
> delicate.  They are also simple.  Unfortunately they are also
> impossible to replicate for a hobbyist.

   Hobbyists nothin', man...They're impossible to replicate for most
companies, too.  As far as I'm aware, the only company that makes a
machine that creates them is 3M, and it's hundreds of thousands of
dollars.

   I'm going to try to solder in some runs of wire-wrap wire to bridge
around the torn traces.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den