[geeks] another waterfront place for rent

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 28 14:39:12 CST 2002

On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 03:27 PM, Mike Hebel wrote:
>>> Damn.  It sucks being married sometimes - I know my wife wouldn't
>>> move to Florida.
>>   Ahh, allergic to fresh air, eh? ;)
>
> No.  It's "too hot" for the corn-fed midwestern girl that she is.

   Huh?  I have this argument with lots of people.  It seems that very
few people understand that St. Petersburg is not Central Florida, and
while 90-degree days do happen, they're quite rare.  Treasure Island
(while only five miles from here) is even cooler, as it's right on the
water.

   We had a huge record-breaking heat wave this past summer that got us
all the way up to 95 for a few days.  This is a regular occurrence,
however, in the DC area from which I escaped.

>   That and she's one of those people that absolutely has to have close
> contact with her family.

   This, however, I can't help with. :-(

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den