[geeks] Job wanted: Austin, TX

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Oct 28 14:10:02 CST 2002

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 08:04:51PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I've considered the idea of doing medical computer aided training, but I
> > probably shouldn't do it for a minimum of something like fives years or
> > something (or at least should hire a lawyer first), thanks to NDAs I've
> > been required to sign for class.
>
> Tha fuck? An _NDA_ for a _class_?!

You haven't heard that before?

One university got a license to the NT source code, and used it in their
OS class, the one required by all students to graduate.  Of course, all
students were required to sign very heavy NDAs that would virtually
guaranty that they could never work on any OS again other than if they
were employed by MS.

Thank fully that wasn't my school.  And yes, an NDA for a class.  They
want to be sure that we don't use what we learn in the class to compete
against the company that has exclusively licensed our student work.

--
Joshua D. Boyd