[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 27 15:47:08 CST 2002

R. Lonstein wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 09:03:38AM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> 	[snip]
>
>>Don't get me started on lawn-mowing.  The county lawn nazis were out
>>checking things in the area again.  "No weeds or grass above 18
>>inches in length!"
>

> Not that I have a lawn in NYC, but what if you plant wildflowers and
> put out areas gravel and slates? Not much maintenance.

Unfortunately my wife and I rent a space in my Mother's house.  Not much
chance to change the landscape that drastically.  Although I might be
able to put in something that grows shorter than average.

>>Half-tempted to plant prarie-grass.  Then I'd be able by law to not
>>mow my lawn and set fire to it every year. ;-)
>
> 	[snip]
>
> Heh. Be sure to get that on video.

It's funny but there's already a guy who did it around here.  He was my
Earth Science teacher in high school.  I don't have any pictures of it
but he took the whole class to his acreage and helped him burn it in a
controlled manner.  (I was sick that day - go figure.)

Mike Hebel