[geeks] Re: WOOHOO!!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Oct 27 13:32:52 CST 2002

On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 02:12 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:
>>    My former boss has three nonfunctional 2020s sitting rotting in a
>> warehouse in Maryland.  One day I'll try to talk him out of one, now
>> that I know whose brain to pick to get it working! ;) They seem like
>> interesting machines, architecturally speaking, but I've never played
>> with one.
>
> Dave, your mission, should you accept it, is to get as many
> of the systems as possible to make a working system.  Use
> any means necessary.

   Well I will certainly try.  That'll likely have to wait for some
future time, however...That warehouse is now 1000 miles away from me
instead of right down the street, and I've just burned this year's
spare time on this 11/70.

   They machines are safe where they are, and won't be going anywhere.
But sometime within the next year or two perhaps I'll talk him into
either giving me one or letting me bring one (or more) of them up.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den