[geeks] Look at the pretty flowers

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sun Oct 27 09:19:23 CST 2002

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 12:57:48AM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > I just hate that old British holdover...the lawn. (No offense to
> > our friends across the pond.)
> I do find some of the British back yards to be nice, with
> plenty of shade, plants hiding the back fence, etc.

Hang on, let me take a picture of my neighbour's garden ...
  http://warezdude:iaml4me@www.barnyard.co.uk/cruft/photos/
please don't show them to anyone else, for obvious privacy reasons - which
is why they're lurking there behind a password instead of on my usual site.

Not a square inch of lawn in sight.

Those were taken through the windows of my flat, which is one floor above
his - we-hey, I get a great view, he does all the hard work :-)  I have a
garden beyond the end of his.  No-one has set foot in it for twelve years.
Every year I promise myself that *this* year I'll do something with it,
but I never do.  I want to lay flagstones over most of it, with gaps for
the trees, and a border around the edge for climbing plants and flowering
shrubs.  Climbing plants such as hops, with room underneath for a very
close relative, hidden from the police helicopters.

--
David Cantrell | Member of the Brute Squad | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  All principles of gravity are negated by fear
                                            -- Cartoon Law V