[geeks] Re: WOOHOO!!

Michael Thompson m_thompson at ids.net
Sun Oct 27 08:40:20 CST 2002

>   My PDP-11/70 just booted RT-11!!
>
>   For you weirdos who don't know what a PDP-11/70 is (though I'm sure
>everyone here has at least heard of them), it's the biggest, baddest
>PDP-11 ever built...the granddaddy of 'em all, circa 1974.

The real test is getting RSTS/E running. You need the Quickware replacement
CPU board set and memory so it really will be the baddest PDP-11. ;-)

I hope that you have a TU16 tape with a TM02 Massbus interface not a TE16.

Now that you are an 11/70 expert you can visit Rhode Island and get ours
running. 768KB of core memory with room to grow to 1MB!

http://ricm.museum.com/collections/pdp-11/11-70.html

Michael Thompson
m_thompson at NOSPAMids.net