[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 27 03:43:05 CST 2002

On Sunday 27 October 2002 9:17 am, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Dave McGuire wrote:
> > On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 12:58 AM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> >> I just hate that old British holdover...the lawn. (No offense to
> >> our friends across the pond.)
> >
> >   You & me both, man.
>
> Again, I raise you several golf courses.  People locally here in the
> midwest seem to want to do their lawns the eact same way.  I can't
> count the amount of oak trees that I've seen cut down since I've been
> here.

Don't blame the lawn just because people are implementing them wrong ...
grass is supposed to be planted in between trees, bushes, whatever.
Cutting down an oak tree to plant a lawn isn't just a crime against
nature, it's also foolish ... how are you going to spend a lazy
afternoon snoozing with your back against the trunk, picking ear-wigs
out of your hair ?