[geeks] USB Human Interface Device

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Mon Oct 21 10:02:09 CDT 2002

I don't know what the state of force-feedback is under linux, it's never
interested me.  However, I do know that HID Joysticks I just plug them
in and they work.  Assuming you are using a 2.4 kernel and devfs it will
just show up under /dev/input/js0.  Use your API of choice.  The SDL
joystick/input stuff is very easy, and is what I use, but if you want to
do straight reading from the device, feel free :)

caleb at Chinstrap caleb $ dmesg | grep Joy
input1: USB HID v1.10 Joystick [Logitech WingMan Action Pad] on usb1:4.0

Caleb Shay