[geeks] Fwd: Sendmail

Ron Rosson insane at oneinsane.net
Sat Oct 19 10:15:08 CDT 2002

Suggest Postfix.. It is easier and the configs are written in plain
english.   ;-)

-Ron

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 08:20, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> Question my friend was asking.  It has been a long time since I've set
> up sendmail.... is there an easy solution to this?
>
> Andrew
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: Aaron <asin at hms.harvard.edu>
> > Date: Fri Oct 18, 2002  10:13:58  PM America/New_York
> > To: ajwdsp at cloud9.net
> > Subject: Sendmail
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > I've a question that maybe the geek can answer...
> >
> > Because no mail server's doing relaying anymore, I'm setting up a SMTP
> > server on my OSX just to send out mail from my harvard account at
> > home. The only issue is that I'm behind a IP Masq firewall. So some
> > SMTP servers actually do reverse lookup and of course it can't find
> > 192.168.1.2. Is there anyway I can tell sendmail that it's my "real"
> > IP?
> >
> > Thanks dude.. if you're too busy to look, don't worry about it. Just
> > thought you'd love to find out for yourself, that's all.
> >
> > 											Aaron.

Ron Rosson                                    ... and a UNIX user said
The InSaNe One                                        rm -rf *
insane at oneinsane.net                        and all was /dev/null and
*void()