[geeks] Cables?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Oct 18 11:59:00 CDT 2002

What cable do I need in Bulk for making my own AUI Transceiver style
cables... I looked at Blackbox for ready made cables to connect all my AUI
kit to my concentrator and they average $55 a pop (ouch).  I need to know if
RS-232 bulk cable with x number of conductors will work, what x is, and if
someone immediately knows a pinout ref URL.  Otherwise I'll google gladly.
Unless someone knows where to get ready made AUI cables for $5-10 a pop.
I've got about 5 machines to set up and most of them will need 10-15 ft
lengths.

Andrew J. Weiss
Field Network Engineer
En Pointe Technologies