[geeks] FLAC mime type

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Oct 16 00:42:34 CDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 12:15:26AM -0500, Jonathan C Patschke wrote:
> On Wednesday, Oct 16, 2002, at 00:06 US/Central, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> >But, what is the mime type for flac files?
>
> I can't find any authoritative answer, but I'd assume it would be
> audio/x-flac.

I realized that I could pick anything I wanted as I controled both ends,
so I picked that based on copying and modifying the audio/x-wav line.

> >When I click on a link to a .flac file in mozilla, it
> >tries to display the file as text rather than open xmms.
>
> More than likely, that's just someone who hasn't told their web server
> what .flac files' MIME type is supposed to be, so I guess you're even.

Well seeing as the web server is apache running on one of my machines.
I updated the mime.types file...

I wonder if I need to restart apache...  Yep, that fixed the .flac file
problems.  Now if only I could figure out why .m3u files are still
misbehaving, since I set there mime type on both ends as well.

--
Joshua D. Boyd