[geeks] ha! gonna buy five copies for my mother!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Oct 12 11:31:21 CDT 2002

On Saturday, October 12, 2002, at 12:57 AM, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Now did they actually tell you before doing this?

   They contacted me many months ago looking for a photo, but I didn't
really think anything would come of it.  Several of the
johnny-come-lately suits at Digex worked very hard to downplay my
involvement there, to the point of threatening to fire a guy who wrote
a magazine article about the early days of the company...an article
that told the real story, rather than the typical "we built this huge
company by hiring a bunch of Vice Presidents and calling Microsoft!"
story.

   Ironically, that same guy was the fellow who wrote this article...he
left the company long ago so they can't fire him. ;)

> I remember when Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords gave a half page write up
> of part of my web site (http://yonderway.com/sleepers for anyone who
> cares) and the hits went through the roof but I had no idea why until
> all the emails started coming in.  It was cool to see it in print but
> I had no idea they were doing that.

   Ha, cool, a neat surprise!

      -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke