[geeks] ha! gonna buy five copies for my mother!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Oct 12 11:26:22 CDT 2002

On Saturday, October 12, 2002, at 01:48 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>>    I'm in this month's issue of HostingTech magazine. :-)
>
> Details?
>
> Links?
>
> I don't get that magazine... ;^)

   Me neither; they sent me a copy.  They did an article on the early
days of Digex, and what was likely the first "hosted server" (although
we didn't consider it as such; it would have been more of a "client"
than a "server"!) which I built.  There's a picture of me in there and
everything.

   It sure is nice to get some fucking credit for a change, even if it
is only a little bit.  There are a whole gaggle of suits over there
gloating to their friends about this big company that THEY built...HA!
I've been overflowing with consuming angst about that for years.  I
work very hard, and I devote my life to my work...I may not do all that
much, but I like to be recognized for what I do accomplish.

         -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke