[geeks] [jacobbartlet at msn.com: Re: VAX Floating Point Systems Array Processor, AP 120B]

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Oct 6 22:26:14 CDT 2002

John is in MD, 30 miles from D.C.  Someone please rescue this. 8-)

Please contact him directly.

Bill

----- Forwarded message from JOHN BATLUCK <jacobbartlet at msn.com> -----

From: "JOHN BATLUCK" <jacobbartlet at msn.com>
To: <MrBill at DECVax.org>
Subject: Re: VAX Floating Point Systems Array Processor, AP 120B
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:02:42 -0400

Bill,
In my garage I have an FPS AP 120B designed to interface with the VAX
supermini for vector processing.   I acquired it at GSA auction many years
ago, where it landed after use at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.  It
carries a model designation, AP 180V, identifying it as a VAX peripheral.
The single cabinet, painted to look like a VAX peripheral, is about 24" wide,
30" deep and 60" high, and includes both power supply and processor.  It
weighs several hundred pounds.  Some documentation is also available.

I can no longer keep it, and am looking to find a new home whose owner will
handle the shipping cost.  This machine was made in Beaverton, Oregon in the
early 80,s by Floating Point Systems.  I don't have any interest in messing
with it, but am reluctant to see it scrapped.

Do you know anyone who may be interested in acquiring this unit?

Regards,

John Batluck

----- End forwarded message -----

--