[geeks] DNS/Speakeasy DSL question...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Oct 4 09:09:31 CDT 2002

Mike Hebel <nimitz at owc.net> wrote:

> Just got my DSL circuit turned on - waiting for the router in the mail.
>
> Does anybody on the list use Speakeasy.net to host their domain with
> their own DNS and mail servers?  I really don't want to pay $19/month
> for DNS hosting when I have perfectly serviceable IPX boxen here that
> would do that nicely.

Speakeasy, when I had them a few months ago at $work[-1], had no
restrictions on the type of servers you installed on your net.  Reverse DNS
for your range won't happen, though you *will* be able to do regular DNS
with zero problems.

> Also if they have a policy against allowing customers control of Reverse
> DNS does that mean that they only allow hosting a domain through them?

No.  Setup your DNS server, point your whois info to it, and configure it to
serve your domian.  Setup your web server, start serving web pages.  Easy as
pie.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com