[geeks] HD question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 1 02:11:04 CDT 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> what kind of drive does THIS look like?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=909303288

Given the pin-count and the number of config jumpers, I'd say it's
narrow SCSI-II.  Given the position of the torx fasteners on the motor,
the color of the rear connectors, the layout of the logic board, the
bank of voltage-regulators at the front, and at least one ASIC that I
recognize, I'd say that it's a circa 1993-1994 Conner hard drive, quite
possibly the CP30204 or a similar drive in that line.

Why do you ask?

--
Jonathan Patschke
 "you know, there are people who like having potatoes and jellyjars shoved up