[geeks] Oh my god...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 21:03:17 CST 2002

--- Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> However, just because a program is trivial, that doesn't mean you
> shouldn't use a relational database.  Sometimes using the right
> database is what makes a hard program a trivial one.

Algorithims + Data Structures = ___________

Anyone? ;^)

My goal is to have a program that remembers every "human" move it has
encountered, but only "knows" what is a legal move and when the game
has been won. I want the strategy to come be learned from the "human"
opponent, not hard-coded in the logic.

By using a relational DB (MySQL most likely), the idea is to catalog
positions and moves in a table for quick retrieval... Oddly, I've spent
*way* too much time working on the design, and no time coding so far...

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com