[geeks] Oh my god...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Nov 29 14:44:56 CST 2002

On Friday, November 29, 2002, at 11:03 AM, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> And he also probably hasn't seen the pure horror of applications
> written
> in access actually trying to be used to do real work.  (Note that i
> said
> TRYING, shit never works, but the "developers" have great job security
> until someone around there gets a clue.)

DefendNet actually hired a full-time Business Applications guy to do
Access, VB and Outlook Forms programming.  He worked on them for about
6 months, got burned out, gave up, quit the company, and became a
carpenter.  None of the partially developed apps ever got finished or
used.  Meanwhile I did some back-end stuff with PHP and MySQL on a
Linux box and accomplished at least my requirements (helpdesk software).
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com