[geeks] Oh my god...

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Nov 29 11:40:23 CST 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 09:22:13AM -0800, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> > However, I still don't get what .NET is supposed to give us that the
> > combination of COM, DCOM, SOAP, and WSL didn't.
>
> How do any of those technologies enrich MS coffers?
>
> It is another case of MS tech-envy...

MS tech envy?!?  COM, DCOM, SOAP, and windows scripting are all MS
techs.  I don't know how it enrichs their coffers, other than
distracting people from platform neutral standards like CORBA.

I certainly am not envious of it.  COM is really dirty.  And who wants
SOAP when XML-RPC is easier?

--
Joshua D. Boyd