[geeks] Oh my god...

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Nov 29 09:52:23 CST 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 06:56:59AM -0600, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Is it just me or is .Net DOA?  I hear a lot of talk, but haven't seen
> anything solid - then again, I don't read the trade rags anymore
> (InfoWorld, etc...).

I don't know where C# is, but .NET is real for VB users and people who
want to write C++ code to be reused in VB.NET.  There is great excitment
from certain language camps since the CLR means that they can use the
favorite language more easily, however, their favorite language will be
bastardized by having to use MS's types.  It seems that their .NET plans
might be resting somewhat on .NET server, which has been delayed yet
again.

However, I still don't get what .NET is supposed to give us that the
combination of COM, DCOM, SOAP, and WSL didn't.

--
Joshua D. Boyd