[geeks] Anyone looking for a house in the Pacific Northwest

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Nov 27 09:38:49 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 07:23:25AM -0500, dave at cca.org wrote:
> wstan at xs4all.nl writes:
>
> >In spite of the cheerful description of the many
> >options it is still nothing more than a hole
> >in the ground. Kinda reminds me of the depiction
> >of the future in the movie "Time Machine".
>
> "Movie"??? :-)
>
> The geek crowd doesn't read nearly enough H. G. Wells.
>
> 	http://www.cca.org/cm/sleeper.pdf

Did anyone see the news reports about the Internet bookmobile?
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/10/09/bookmobile/?x
http://www.archive.org/texts/bookmobile.php
http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue7_10/cisler/

Well, I rather dislike reading books my computer screen, and I want to
know if these people can one off bound books for $1, why do I have to
pay $7 for them at Borders, or whatever.

I really should ebay for books more, but currently I can't afford orders
large enough to justify the hassle of shipping.

--
Joshua D. Boyd