[geeks] radio stuff

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue Nov 26 12:33:51 CST 2002

> It may vary from state to state, but when I was house hunting the MLS
> listings I got for the homes I was interested in all had "HOA" with
> either "Yes" or "No" next to them.  When I started getting serious
> about houses I asked the seller to disclose in writing any restrictive
> covenants about the property.  Finally, when I was ready to make an
> offer, I made it contingent on my lawyer confirming that there was no
> HOA to worry about or restrictive covenants that I couldn't live with
> (I can't have certain kinds of livestock here, but I can have others).
>
>From what little I've seen, the more economically well off the neighbors,
the more likely for restrictions.  Actually, I can't really blame them for
wanting their neighborhoods to remain nice.

> Hard to retroactively do that though.

Try any urban neighborhood that has undergone gentrification or a "renaissance".
It may happen more in the more densely populated areas in the east but
 it is also occuring on the left coast too.

> I suspect that hams are better appreciated here in North Carolina since
> we get the brunt of so many hurricanes here and often need emergency
> communication services.

There's one township in NJ that will just about send a public works truck to
help you put up your antennas for the same.  Also lets them check if you are
installing them correctly and safely too.  Bob