[geeks] POWER5!!!!

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Nov 25 12:25:45 CST 2002

> I think we should have insisted on the removal of Saddam
> as a condition of surrender.  We didn't, and that was a
> big mistake.

They didn't want to kill him because he might have more
"influence" as a martyr and if he was removed he probably
would be less in the "limelight" and not so visible to our
operatives.

> > My point is not that the claims against Saddam are *entirely*
> > without merit (obviously I think they're mostly without merit,
> > but there are some ligit points). My point is that all the
> > hype has *NOTHING* to do with why the US is about to attack.
>
> Probably not, but they are justifications after the fact.

Boy, Did I hope we had evidence.............like Kennedy during
the Cuban missle crisis.

> > Which is exactly how the Shah was originaly placed into power
> > in Iran, thus leading to the Islamic Revolution. Maybe some
> > day we'll stop meddling in the middle east.
>
> I think we should pull out of the ME completely.  Let's clean
> up ourselves first.

Would "cleaning up" include throwing out the spies from some middle eastern
countries that are here in this country?  I'd like that.