[geeks] DaveM: Crays up?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Nov 23 23:04:53 CST 2002

Hey, do you have your Crays up since moving?  I was just reading about a
library called Blitz.  It's a C++ library, which along with the normal
compilers like KAI, intel, gcc, etc, it also supports Cray's 3.0.0.0 C++
compiler, and claims to deliver fortran like speeds for vector math.  It
would be interesting to know if they are telling the truth.

It's URL is http://oonumerics.org/blitz/

Also, have you ever looking into how well the J90s deal with small
matrices (meaning 4x4 and 4x1) compared to newish Suns?  I use matrices
a lot, but mostly in those sizes.  I just can't seem to come up with
good ways to make use of larger ones for what I do.

--
Joshua D. Boyd