[geeks] I forgot why I liked my Intel Providence MB so much..

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 23 15:00:36 CST 2002

And then I opened it up (after 2+ years w/o incident).

See, I had to swap out a buggy CD-ROM drive (the tray would come out
and immediately go back in - you had to grab it to put a CD on it)...
Anyway, I wanted to throw in a new CD-RW drive ($40 after rebate -
24x10x40x), and guess what I found...

Two completly idle 68 pin (fast&wide?) SCSI channels on the MB - when I
built this machine up I didn't have any suitable SCSI drives, but now I
do!

Anyway, I like this box all over again now - anyone have affordable
sources for 68 pin internal SCSI cables?

TIA,

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com