Terrorism was: [geeks] POWER5!!!!

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Nov 21 14:51:35 CST 2002

> > Don't forget about the USS Liberty and Jonathan Pollard.
>
> Neither incident was 'terrorism'. They both fall into the espionage arena,
> totally different than terrorism! The USS Liberty was an attack on a naval
> intelligence (espionage) ship during a war, claimed to be an accident, who
> knows the real reason, but even if it was intentional (which I personally
> doubt) they were military personnel in a war zone, not civilians going about
> their daily routine, then suddenly blown up! And Pollard was a spy, I'm sure
> Israel has many more working here, and I'm sure we have plenty working in
> Israel, again nothing even close to terrorism

I fully believe, based on the reports I've read, that the
attack was not an accident.  They were noncombatants that
were attacked without provocation.  That's terrorism to me.

Pollard had the full support of Israel, and Israel tried to
get the US to release him.  Not terrorism, but proof that
Israel is no friend of the US.

Of course I seem to remember that when the terrorists were
attacking civilians before the establishment of Israel, some
of the victims were US citizens.

Israel was founded in terrorism.  It is kind of ironic that
one of the leaders of the terrorist groups that forced the
creation of Israel would later get a Nobel Peace Prize (Begin).
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net