[geeks] POWER5!!!!

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Nov 20 23:05:56 CST 2002

dittman at dittman.net writes:

>Bush was elected, according to the laws governing the
>election of the President of the United States.  He
>won the Electoral College even though he didn't win
>the popular vote.

Hear, hear.

>> That guy is so obsessed with the idea of proving himself that he'll
>> take the whole fucking country down to do it.

>Saddam is nuts.  He's proved in the past that he has no qualms
>about using chemical weapons against his foes.

Gosh. He has some of the same weapons the US does and uses them
in war. That must be a first.  It's not like the US has ever used
weapons of mass destruction against civilians.

I don't understand the whole "Weapon A killing 1,000 people is BAD.
Weapon B killing 1,000 people is FINE." attitude.  I'd rather face
Saddam's chemicals than a bunch of US cruise missiles.

>He's also tried to get nuclear weapons.

So has the US. So has France. Who cares?

We didn't invade Pakistan when they tested their first nuke.

>He's financed terrorism.

He was incredibly hostile to Islamic militants before we decided
to occupy his country for a decade. Perhaps we should have just
left him alone. If someone else managed to enforce an embargo &
no-fly zone on the US, I'm sure there would be a terrorist
response.

>He's tried
>to commit genocide.  He's another Hitler waiting to happen.

WHILE HE WAS OUR GUY. Why didn't it bother us then? And why is
the General who was in charge of the gassing of the Kurds being
pushed by us to replace Saddam!?!?

>We could do a Chamberlain and ignore him, but look where that
>got Europe.

Yeah, we could ignore him. That would be fantastic. Instead
we occupy his country for ten years. That's sure to make him
friendly.

>One problem we have is that *EVERY* country in the Middle East
>supports, either officially or unofficially, terrorism against
>the United States.

Primarily our "allies" though. Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are the
biggest problem.

Just about everything that is said to justify attacking Iraq applies
better to Pakistan. But Pakistan doesn't have the huge oil fields
of Iraq.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------