[geeks] OED Wins! ;^)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 22:58:43 CST 2002

--- "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> > Available on CD-ROM... Close enough?
>
> That depends on whether it's indexed or otherwise organized to be
> easily queried.  If it's just a series of PDFs with bookmarks, it's
> not nearly as interesting.

"Powerful advanced searching makes it possible to build complex search
expressions through the use of Boolean operators, case-sensitive
searching, exact character searching, restricting searches to previous
search results, searching in pronunciations, and an extended range of
wildcard options"

>From http://www.oup-usa.org/isbn/0195218884.html

=====
Lionel