[geeks] OED Wins! ;^)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 22:55:36 CST 2002

--- vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> > just query the OED from any $RDBMS-compatible program.
>
> What?  You prejudiced against heirarchical databases!?

IMS ROCKS!

What was the greatest contribution to Database tech. in the last 25-30
years? IMS. How? Mr. Codd tried to make sense of IMS, and said "There
must be a better way", and the relational model was the result of his
thinking... ;^)

I used to work with IMS, and it was good...

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com