[geeks] POWER5!!!!

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Nov 20 22:24:10 CST 2002

mcguire at neurotica.com writes:

>   I think it's more an issue of "idiot unelected president thinking
>that if he doesn't divert attention away from himself people are going
>to lynch-mob him".
>That guy is so obsessed with the idea of proving himself that he'll
>take the whole fucking country down to do it.

I waver back and forth as to why Bush is so gung-ho about attacking
Iraq.

Either it's just the oil (the guys we want to replace Saddam
have already made a public statement that all previous oil contracts
(ie: the massive contract with Russia) will be null & void, and US
companies will get first pick for new contracts. Odd statement if
the "regime change" has nothing to do with oil.)

Or... it has something to do with the current right's view of Reagan
overcoming a policy of stalemate, being agressive and winning out
over the evil guys. Irregardless of the validity of that spin on
Reagan's part of the cold war, that's how Bush views it, and I think
he's trying to do the same thing. The problem of course, is that
Iraq has *NOTHING* to do with Islamic terrorism.

However... I think the "unelected" thing is silly. The election
was closer than our system's margin of error. Both of them got
~50%, so fine. It was close enough to effectively be random.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------